Partnerships - Adult Day Care Center
Partnerships Center for Adult Day Care, Inc is certified by the Connecticut Association of Adult Day Care, Inc. as a Medical Model Adult Day Care Center.
Partnerships Center for Adult Day Care, Inc. is committed to enabling its participants to remain living home, supporting the quality of life for participants, family members and caregivers.
Partnerships accomplishes this mission by providing a medical model adult day care center serving frail elders, and mentally or physically impaired adults in the greater New Haven area.
Partnerships' caring staff include:
- Director / Registered Nurse
- Administrative Assistant Registered Nurses
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Recreational Therapist
A variety of volunteers participate in regular and special programs, providing additional support and companionship.
Our program focuses on the individual needs of participants, family members and caregivers, and includes:
- Companion and reminiscing
- A full course noon meal, meeting USDA requirements - morning and evening snacks
- Hairdressing and podiatry
- Health care monitoring by Registered Nurses
- Individualized plans of care
- Information, support, and referral assistance to family members and caregivers
- Supervision and assistance in personal care, including bathing
- A variety of social and recreational activities, including:
- Arts and crafts
- Coordination of transportation
- Daily exercise program
- Musical activities
- Outdoor walks
- Outside entertainment
There is an established daily fee which is based upon a sliding scale. Individualized arrangements cane be made.
Transportation can be arranged according to the needs of participants.
A pleasant group setting during mealtime promotes good nutrition and companionship among participants. A USDA approved noon meal and snacks are provided.
People who may benefit from our services include:
- An older adult who would otherwise be alone at home
- A person needing assistance with activities of daily living (i.e. eating, toileting, walking)
- A person stressed by mental or emotional illness
- A person with Alzheimer’s Disease or related dementia
- A person with a developmental disability
- A person with disability due to stroke or chronic illness