Voter Registration Deadlines & Information
Please be sure to bring identification and proof of residence (such as a utility bill if your ID does not show your current Hamden address).
Register to Vote
Register in person at:
- Registrars' or Town Clerk's office in the State
- Any public library
- The Department of Motor Vehicles when you get your driver's license
- Certain Social Service agencies
- Any place where a voter registration drive is taking place
Bring identification to show your identity and residence.
To register to vote online, visit Connecticut's State website and click on Voter Information.
You can also register by mail. Call the Registrars' Office at 287-7081 and ask for an application to be sent to you, or pick up a voter application form at any of the above places. You can also download the application from our Forms page.
Send the completed form to :
Hamden Registrars of Voters
Hamden Government Center
2750 Dixwell Avenue
Hamden, CT 06518
Please be aware that there are deadlines before elections and primaries. Register early to ensure that you will be able to vote.
2019 Voter Registration Deadlines
Deadlines for September 10, 2019 Primary (if Held)
- June 10: Last day to switch parties to vote in primary, if already in a party
- September 5: Mail-in registration deadline for new voters (postmark) or "unaffiliated" voters switching to party (receipt). Last day to drop off completed registration forms to the Registrar of Voters Office. (at Government Center)
- September 5 at 11:59 p.m.: Last time to register to vote using the On-Line Voter Registration
- September 9 (Noon): In-person registration deadline for new voters or "unaffiliated" voters switching to a party before primary (at Registrar of Voters Office)
Special Voter Registration Session for Primary
- August 27 5 to 7 p.m. at Registrar of Voters Office, Hamden Government Center
Deadlines for November 5, 2019 Election
October 29 from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.: Voter Registration Cut-off
- Last day to register by mail (postmark)
- Last day to register at a public library, DMV, or other agency
- Last day to drop off completed registration forms to the Registrar of Voters Office
- Last day to register in person at the Registrar of Voters Office, Hamden Government Center, 2750 Dixwell Avenue
October 29 at 11:59 p.m.: Last time to register to vote using the 'On-Line' Voter Registration
November 4 from 9 a.m. to Noon: Limited Registration Session - Whose qualification as to age, citizenship or residence was attained after October 29th