- 5:30 p.m.
- 2nd Monday of every month
- Hamden High School
2040 Dixwell Ave
Hamden, CT 06514
The Traffic Authority, Town of Hamden, will hold a regular meeting on Monday, December 14, 2020 at 5:30 p.m. via Zoom Meeting. The following topics will be discussed:
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
To request for an item be placed on the Traffic Authority Agenda or Request for Speed Hump(s) please use the below Form(s) and send it to the Traffic Authority c/o Hamden Police Department, email@example.com or by fax: (203) 288-4876 Attn: Chief’s Office or by email to Chief’s Administrative Assistant:
To submit public comments to the Traffic Authority on agenda items only, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Please visit www.ct.gov/dot/osta to find more information on the Connecticut Office of State Traffic Authority guidance for local traffic authorities.
- 02-2018 Traffic Department Report (PDF)
- 03-2018 Traffic Department Report (PDF)
- 2018 Traffic Calming Projects Number 2 (PDF)
- Anns Farm Road - Traffic Calming Map (PDF)
- Anns Farm Road - Traffic Calming Report (PDF)
- East-West Traffic Study (PDF)
- Gaylord Mountain Road - 01 -Report (PDF)
- Gaylord Mountain Road - 02 -Appendix (PDF)
- Gaylord Mountain Road - 03 - Add (PDF)
- Gaylord Mountain Road (ZIP)
- Hamden Plains, Wintergreen and East Side Traffic Study (PDF)
- Hillfield-Johnson Road (ZIP)
- 11-2017 Hillfield Road at Johnson Road - Traffic Safety Study (PDF)
- 01-2018 Hillfield Road at Johnson Road - Traffic Safety Study - Revision 1 (PDF)
- Ridge Road Traffic Study (PDF)
- Ridge Road Traffic Study Recomendations (PDF)
- Ridge Road Traffic Study Timeline - Final (PDF)
- Todd Street Hamden Appendix (PDF)
- Todd Street Hamden Traffic Calming (PDF)
- Todd Street Traffic Study (ZIP)
- West Todd Street Evaluation (PDF)
- Hamden OSTA Guidelines 3
- Raeanne V. Curtis
- Larry Esposito
- Michael Iezzi, Chair
- Cherlyn Poindexter
- Mitchell Strickland
- Acting Chief John Sullivan, Local Traffic Agent
- Nancy Forvil, Clerk
The Traffic Authority, otherwise referred to as the Parking Division in the Charter. The Traffic Authority also serves concurrently with the Police Commission. It has all the powers of municipal parking authorities under the general provisions of Connecticut General Statutes, Chapter 100, as amended.
Citizens, neighborhood associations, schools, organizations, and businesses bring traffic concern and requests for street signs, lights, or street closings for parades, charity, and neighborhood events to the Commission for considerations, investigation, and action. Such requests should be submitted by the 20th day of the month in order to appear on the next month's agenda. The Commission consults with the Police Chief, Town Engineer, Director of Public Works, and/or Town Planner, who provide recommendations.