The division staff designs and oversees construction of various types of improvements, which include storm drainage, roads, sidewalks, and infrastructure projects.
In addition, the staff also:
- Designs and oversees capital improvement projects for city buildings
- Oversees and administers professional services for various design projects
- Provides engineering services to other city departments
- Provides inspection services on street and infrastructure projects
- Provides liaison services for state projects
Please download the Engineering Department Overview for a comprehensive picture of the Department's services and responsibilities.
Certain licenses and permits are administered by the Engineering Department.
Engineering maintains and provides Geographic Information Systems (GIS) services for the Town departments.
In accordance with the MS4 Stormwater General Permit effective July 1, 2017, the Town of Hamden has complied with registration requirements of the Bureau of Materials Management and Compliance Assurance Water Permitting and Enforcement Division at the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection.
The Engineering Department is currently overseeing many different projects around the Town.