Project Number 61-152 involves the rehabilitation of Bridge Number 00783, which is a two-span, continuous, steel frame bridge located approximately 0.8 miles north of Exit 60 on Route 15.
The bridge was built in 1948.
A 7 feet high fence was installed in front of the original metal bridge rail in 1975.
The bridge was painted and the fascia of the parapets were rebuilt and metal beam rail was bolted to the original curb in front of the fence and bridge rail in 1983.
The proposed rehabilitation of the structure includes:
Deck replacement with a slightly wider out-to-out width
Installing sidewalks along both sides of the bridge
Repairs to and full painting of the structural steel
Phased construction so both roads remain open
90% plans have been added to this page to illustrate the work planned to date.
Line striping plans approved by the Town are provided in the Construction Section above.
The CTDOT has bid and is actively working on the bridge replacement. The project is planned to take up to 2 construction seasons.:
The Engineering Department has been reviewing and commenting on the plans. The Traffic Authority and the Farmington Canal Commission have reviewed and approved the removal of the at grade crossing. The Town has participated financially by contribution to the road widening. Due to the previous federal grant contribution, the Town added a 20% share to the road widening construction. This was approved by the Legislative Council via a capital funds transfer from unused bridge repair accounts.