UPDATE: Tax bills on the Grand List of October 1, 2022 were mailed on June 26th, 2023. They are due on July 1, 2023 with a pay by date of August 1st, 2023.
The Tax Office is the major source of revenue for the Town of Hamden, collecting more than $184 million dollars in taxes for the 2018 to 2019 fiscal year. This represents a current grand list collection rate of 99.5%. The department also collected over $2 million dollars in delinquent taxes and over $1 million in interest charges.
A consistently high collection rate is the key to fiscal stability for the Town and remains the number one priority of the Tax Collector. Balancing the need to maintain a high rate of collection with the sensitivity necessary to deal with individual taxpayer issues, especially in this difficult economy, is an integral function of the department.
The Tax Department takes pride in providing taxpayers with prompt, courteous, professional service, while at the same time maintaining an extremely high rate of collection.
Pay Taxes Online
Pay your taxes online via the Hamden My Tax Bill website.
To pay bills online, the following fees apply:
- Checking Account - $0.95
- Credit/Debit - 2.99%
A fee of $20 will be charged for any electronic check payment that is returned for any reason. Unless restitution is made prior to a bill being considered delinquent, statutory interest is charged, just as with any other late payment.
NOTE: If you have back taxes due for motor vehicles, the online payment option is not available to you.
- What are the hours of operation for the Tax Office?
- Where is the office located?
- When are payments due?
- Is tax bill information available online?
- Is there a fee for copies of bills and payment history?
- Are credit card payments or electronic payments accepted?
- How do I make out my check for tax payments?
- Is there a fee for a dishonored (bounced) check?
- Where are payments mailed?
- What form of payment is acceptable when a motor vehicle release is needed?
- Do you collect for water and sewer?
- Do you have fire district taxes in Hamden?
- Do you charge a duplicate bill fee?
- Do you accept postmark?
- Do you have separate school taxes in Hamden?
- Do you have county taxes in Connecticut?
- Do you require certified funds?
- What is your physical mailing address?
- Is this account with an attorney for collection?
- Are there any exemptions on the property?