Registrar of Voters
The Registrars of Voters are responsible for administering Election laws concerning voter registration and elections. Our office is open daily during the week for residents who want to register or make changes to their records. In addition, we hold special registration sessions in-house before elections and at high schools and other locations throughout town.
Voter records are updated daily, and additions/changes are transmitted through a computer link to Connecticut's central voter registry, which automatically updates the voter list. The voter list is further maintained through our annual voter canvass, held January through May, required by law to certify residence of voters.
Registrars are also responsible for administering and conducting elections and primaries. In addition to providing documents and supplies for the election, we certify polling places, hire and train election officials, oversee and certify the set-up of the voting machines, and certify the election results.
For more information or if you have questions, explore this department further, or call the Registrar's Office at 203-287-7081.
- 2023 Hamden Legislative Council Districts Street List as of 8_28_2023
- Map of 2023 Hamden Legislative Council Districts
- Map of 2022 State Senate-Representative Districts
- 2019 Hamden Legislative Council Districts 36x48
- Hamden State District Map (PDF)
- Hamden Street Guide 08-15-19 (PDF)
- Mail In Voter Registration - English (PDF)
- Mail In Voter Registration - Spanish (PDF)
- Removal from Registry List (PDF)