Volunteer & Community Service Programs
Become a Volunteer
There is no greater way to shape the future than by investing your time and talents into the community.
A Message from Patunia Medy
My name is Patunia Medy and I am the Volunteer Coordinator for the Town of Hamden's, Hamden Youth Services Bureau (HYSB). Hamden Youth Services Bureau provides a Volunteer and Community Service program that places students and community members who wish to volunteer in the Hamden community. We are hoping to seek, create and foster opportunities for all Hamden youth and their families to learn and grow in positive ways by providing a variety of programs and services. In order to do this, we are looking for assistance from all:
- Public Schools- Ages 12 Years and Older
Some of volunteers have been from:
- The Children's Center of Hamden and more
- Community Members
- Hamden Middle and High School
- Quinnipiac University
- Southern Connecticut State University
- Yale University
How to Volunteer
If you or anyone you know is interested in volunteering that is caring, responsible, reliable, and wants to help the Hamden Community, please have them submit their applications via email. If you have any questions, please contact me at 203-777-2610, ext. 1124.
After receiving your application, I will then set up an appointment/interview with you (and a parent/guardian if under 18) to discuss potential placements according to your interests, talents, and available time, as well as what volunteer opportunities are available in the Hamden community.
We are also looking for local businesses/organizations who would be interested in utilizing this service. If you are willing to work with us and offer your facility as a future site where we can place our individuals please do not hesitate to contact me.
Some of our placement sites have been with the:
- Community Service Department
- Hamden Chamber of Commerce and more
- Mothers Demand Action
- Spring Glen Elementary School
- Sylvan Learning
- 2015 Clubs and Organizations Community Service Form (PDF)
- 2015 Community Service Form (PDF)
- 2015 One Day Event Form (PDF)
- 2015 Volunteer and Community Service Agreement Form (PDF)
- 2015 Volunteer Work and Community Service Placement Site Form (PDF)
- 2015 Volunteer Work Form (PDF)
- Community Service and Volunteer Hourly Tracking Forms (PDF)
Background Check & Provide Fingerprint & Medical Information
If you would like to volunteer within our Childcare Programs, Youth Center Department, and Hamden Public Schools, you must submit to a background check and provide fingerprint and medical information.