Virtual Meetings (Regular and Special)
- To view PUBLIC COMMENTS, please click HERE.
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
- Password: Dragons
- Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +13017158592,,96032210583# or+13126266799,96032210583#
- Or Telephone:
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 6266799 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 2487799 or +1 669 900 9128
- Webinar ID: 960 3221 0583
- International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/aH73lUF9D
FY2020-2021 Budget Process:
Public Hearings on Town & BOE Budgets:
- View the 2020-2021 Mayor’s Recommended Budget
- FINAL - Recommended Supplemental to Mayor Recommended FY21 Budget - Expense Reductions May 6th
- Supplemental Mayor’s Recommended FY2020-2021 Budget Updates
- Supporting Documents for the FY2020-2021 Budget Deliberations
- View Public Comments on the Mayor’s 2020-2021 Recommended Budget
- View the Notice of the Meetings (schedule as of 5-13)
- View the Schedule of Department Heads Meetings (REVISED 5-26)
- 7 p.m.
- 1st and 3rd Monday of every month
- Memorial Town Hall
2372 Whitney Avenue
Hamden, CT 06518
View the 2021 Meeting Calendar (PDF).
The Legislative Council is a town-elected position which occurs every two years in the odd years cycle. There are fifteen members on the Council in total, consisting of 1 district council member elected from each voting district for a total of nine members, and six members are elected at-large by the entire town. The electors shall vote for no more than four of the at-large candidates, and the six candidates with the highest number of votes shall be elected.
The legislative power of the town shall be voted exclusively in the Council. Some duties include:
- Annual appropriations for the town
- Enact ordinances and resolutions
- Create or abolish boards and commissions, departments or offices as necessary
- Increase or decrease the budget
- Contract for services
- Set fees on behalf of the Town of Hamden
All power and duties are included in the Hamden Charter (PDF), Section 3-5.
Mayor - Legislative Council
Hamden has a Mayor-Legislative Council form of government. The Mayor is not a member of the Legislative Council.
There Are 12 Council Committees
- Economic and Development
- Environment and Conservation
- Human Services
- Municipal Planning and Properties
- Public Safety and Protection
- Public Works and Parks
- Recreation and Culture