Hamden will offer temporary warming centers, located around the Town, to those who may be in need. The locations are active due to the extreme cold temperatures Connecticut is expected to experience in the following days, and per the recommendations of Governor Lamont.
The Hamden Police Department HQ (2900 Dixwell) front foyer will serve as a 24-hour warming center. Additionally, from the hours of 8:00am - 9:00pm, the Keefe Center, Town Libraries and the Government Center Buildings will also serve as warming center locations. These locations will remain active until current State protocol expires. Please refer to the entire list of warming centers below.
For further information, please contact Fire Chief Merwede’s office at 203-407-5880 and in cases of emergency always call 911 for immediate assistance! Additionally, to obtain information regarding State warming centers, please call 211.
Operating hours for the Miller Library are 10am – 8pm Monday-Wednesday, 10am-5:30pm Thursday-Saturday, and closed on Sundays. Branch Libraries are closed on Wednesdays and Sundays, please visit www.hamdenlibrary.org for complete operating hours of Branch Libraries. Regular Operating hours for all other locations are 8:30am – 4:30pm Monday-Friday.
24/7 Warming Center Active at:
- Police Department - 2900 Dixwell Avenue, Hamden, CT 06518
Operational/Special Hours Warming Centers active at the following locations:
- Government Center - 2750 Dixwell Avenue, Hamden, CT 06518 (weekdays)
- Miller Library Complex - 2901 Dixwell Avenue, Hamden, CT 06518 (check hours)
- Whitneyville Library - 125 Carleton Street, Hamden, CT 06517 (check hours)
- Community Branch Library - 91 Circular Avenue, Hamden, CT 06514 (check hours)
- Keefe Community Center - 11 Pine Street, Hamden, CT 06514 (weekdays)