How do I vote by absentee ballot?

Absentee ballots are handled by the Town Clerk's Office. You can vote by absentee ballot in any election, primary or referendum if you will not be able to get to the polling place because you are ill or physically disabled, because you are serving in the military, because you will be out of town on election day, because your religion forbids secular activity on election day, or because you are serving as a poll worker at a polling place other than your own.

You can obtain an application for an absentee ballot from the Town Clerk's Office. For more information, visit the Town Clerk's Absentee Ballots Page, or contact the Town Clerk's Office at 203-287-7112.

Show All Answers

1. Am I on the Hamden voting list?
2. Where do I vote? What is my voting district?
3. How do I register to vote?
4. Can I vote in the next primary?
5. How do I vote by absentee ballot?
6. Do I have to re-register if I move or change my name?
7. Who are my representatives on the Town Council and in the State Legislature?
8. How do I remove my name from the Hamden Voting List?