After obtaining a building permit, the following inspections are required:
- Approval of the bearing soil after the excavation is complete for the building footings.
- Approval of the forming of the footing and steel reinforcement placement. Note: both items 1 and 2 can be completed simultaneously. However, if the soil bearing material cannot hold loads from the structure (Engineering is required to remove the bearing soil and replace with new material).
- Certificates of Occupancy
- Inspection and approval of the building insulation before starting Gypsum wall-board work.
- Inspection and approval of the foundation wall footing drain, and damp proofing or water proofing of foundation walls is required before the backfilling of the foundation.
Prior to Insulation
Do not insulate the structure until receiving the following rough inspections and approvals:
- The rough electrical for the structure
- The rough framing of the structure
- The rough heating and air conditioning for the structure
- The rough plumbing of the structure
Prior to Certificate of Occupancy Issuance
Before a certificate of occupancy is issued, the following finish inspections and approvals are required:
- Heating and air conditioning